Looking to build a strong core?
Join Coach Amanda from Team Betty Rocker to sculpt and strengthen your core with this quick and effective workout.
Coach Amanda is a NASM and NESTA Certified Personal Trainer, Crossfit Level 1 Trainer, TRX Qualified Trainer and a Team Betty Rocker Coach in Rock Your Life.
Your core consists of more than just your abdominal muscles and stabilizing and strengthening the core goes so much beyond your outward appearance. In my Booty and Abs Challenge program, we target the core from all angles!
Many people believe that if they spend more time doing ab workouts they’ll be able to see their abs faster, but in reality doing workouts that target areas where you’re carrying extra body fat will not “melt the fat off” that area. Check out this article for the real secret to burning belly fat (and body fat in general.)
Focusing on building core strength WILL help you get functionally stronger in all the things you do, and will help support proper posture in walking, standing and sitting, as well as helping with stability and balance. Your core is involved in virtually every movement you do in your day-to-day life!
In today’s workout with Coach Amanda, we’ll be hitting the core from every angle! You won’t need any equipment so let’s get right to it!
Looking for your next workout plan? The 30-day Booty and Abs Challenge will give you a program to work your entire body (so you won’t need more workouts than what’s in the program) with a SPECIAL EMPHASIS on sculpting your butt, legs and abs.
30-Day Booty and Abs Challenge – Get Yours Today!
Total Core Abs Blast
Click to expand and see all workout move descriptions
Move 1: Squat Thrust to Plank Jack (0:30 – 0:45)
- Begin standing at the top of your mat with your core braced and chest upright.
- Bend your knees, plant your hands on the mat, and jump your feet back into a tall plank position with shoulders stacked over wrists, braced core, back flat and neutral gaze (not looking up or down).
- While in plank, keep your hips level with your shoulders and jump your feet out to the side and then together, as if you are doing a jumping jack.
- Jump your feet up to your hands and drive through the heels to come back to standing, using your momentum to immediately power you up into a jump.
- Repeat this sequence for the allotted time.
- MOD: Perform this movement with your hands on an inclined surface, like a chair, couch or ottoman. You can make this low-impact by removing the jumps and stepping your feet out and in, as well as coming up to a body squat rather than taking a jump.
Move 2: Toe Touch to Single Leg Glute Bridge (8-12 each side)
- Begin lying on your back with your knees bent, feet planted, core braced, and lower back making gentle contact with the mat.
- Lift your left leg and press your right heel into the mat to drive your hips towards the ceiling, squeezing your glutes and maintaining a braced core in a single leg glute bridge.
- With control, lower your hips to the mat, keeping your left leg extended towards the ceiling.
- Being mindful that your back is making contact with the mat, reach both hands to touch your left toes, lifting your shoulders off of the mat and crunching through your core.
- Lower your torso back to the mat and repeat sequence for allotted reps, then switch sides.
- MOD: Keep both feet planted during the glute bridge and only raise your leg for the toe touch.
Move 3: Cross Body Crunch to Front Kick (0:30, 0:45, 1:00)
- Begin standing with hands behind your head, elbows wide, braced core, and chest upright.
- Without pulling on your head, twist your torso to the left as you use your core to draw your left knee up and over to touch your right elbow. Be mindful that you keep your chest upright, bringing your knee up to your elbow instead of your elbow down to your knee.
- Return to starting position, planting both feet, then kick straight forward with the same left leg.
- Return to starting position and repeat on the opposite side.
- Repeat this sequence, alternating sides for the allotted time.
At Whole Betty, we believe that whole foods should form the foundation for what you put in your body. That’s why our ingredients are mindfully sourced and consciously created so you get the maximum benefit, every time.
Click Here to shop the collection!
Move 1: Cross Body Taps (0:30 – 0:45)
- Begin standing with chest upright and core braced.
- Lift your bent left leg, rotating at the hip to tap your left ankle with your right hand.
- Drop the left foot to the ground to switch sides, alternating ankle taps quickly and landing on each foot as lightly and quietly as you can.
- Be mindful of keeping your chest upright throughout this sequence.
- Repeat sequence for allotted time.
- MOD: For low impact, slow down this move to a marching pace.
Move 2: Ankle Taps (10-15 each side)
- Begin lying on your back with your knees bent, feet planted, and core braced so that your lower back is making contact with the mat.
- With your arms extended by your sides, use your core to lift your shoulders off of the mat and alternate reaching left hand to tap your left ankle and right hand to tap your right ankle, targeting your obliques.
- Be mindful that your lower back is maintaining contact with the mat and your shoulders are remaining elevated throughout this move.
- Continue alternating for allotted reps.
Move 3: Prone Back Extension to Oblique Crunch (8-12 each side)
- Begin by lying on your stomach on the mat, with your legs extended and arms bent in a goalpost position.
- Brace your core and press the tops of your feet into the mat, squeezing your glutes to lift your arms and chest off the mat.
- Keeping your torso lifted and muscles engaged between your shoulder blades, side bend your upper body to the left for an oblique crunch, allowing this movement to bring your elbow closer to your hip but not necessarily touching.
- Reverse this movement to crunch your right side.
- Continue alternating each side for allotted reps.
- MOD: Remove the oblique crunch and, with control, lift and lower your torso using the strength of your back and glutes.
Amazing job Rockstar! I am so proud of you for showing up today! Check in with me and Coach Amanda and let us know how you liked the workout and anything else you want to share – we love hearing from you.
The perfect follow up to this workout is the 30-Day Booty and Abs Challenge!
Check out Chantel’s amazing progress after doing this program for just 30 days!
“I just want to say THANK YOU for helping me to transform my body. I’m getting so close to my “pre-children” body and I’m loving it. I’m almost done with the 30 day Abs & Booty, and I’m constantly looking at my midsection in the mirror because I’m so happy to see fat literally melting off and definition starting to form. Thanks again!!!” – Chantele V.
Try it for yourself – take the 30-Day Booty and Abs Challenge!
The post Total Core Blast appeared first on The Betty Rocker.